Payroll and employees.


How it works

Getting Paid
Payroll is done weekly on the succeeding week through direct deposit only.
Every employee needs to submit their hours of work to the Payroll Department by Tuesday 12pm for hours worked the week prior to be paid. Hours must be submitted using a Help Unlimited Timesheet or Trip Sheet. The timesheet/trip sheet can be submitted in person, by email to, or by fax 905-452-8768.  After office hours, time sheets/trip sheets may be dropped into the mail slot located at the bottom of our main door. There will be no verbal requests taken for your hours, a sheet must be submitted.

Submitting Hours
Hours must be submitted using a Help Unlimited Timesheet or Trip Sheet. There is always a half hour lunch deduction after working 5 hours or more. However if the timesheet states clearly that no lunch was taken and has been initialed by the Supervisor/Manager there will be no lunch deduction. 
The timesheet must have these 4 things:
  • Your first and last name printed clearly. Unfortunately if there is no name on the timesheet we will not know who to pay.
  • The name of the company worked for. If working for various companies in the same week a different timesheet must be used for each location that you go to.
  • Dates worked. The date worked must be on the timesheet. In the event that your timesheet is submitted late due to missing the cut-off, lost or misplaced and is found and submitted after the week worked, having the dated timesheet makes it a faster process for your payment to be deposited to your account.
  • Signed by the Supervisor/Manager at the location worked for. The signed timesheets shows that the hours worked have been approved.

Employees should submit to our Payroll Department their direct deposit banking information as soon as they have completed the application process or no later than Tuesday 12pm of the payroll week.

Submitting Banking Information:
  • You can give either a void cheque or signed Direct Deposit Statement Form which can be obtained from your bank. These forms should be attached to a Help Unlimited Direct Deposit Cover Sheet.
  • Ensure that you are an account holder on the information that is submitted. For your protection we will not deposit any money into the account if you are not an account holder on any banking information received.

Payroll Forms

All paystubs will show your hours worked and rate of pay.  It will also provide you with information on deductions taken for Canada Pension Protection, Employment Insurance and Federal Income Tax.
Paystubs will be kept at our Head Office in Brampton unless requested to be sent otherwise. They are also held at our VaughanOffice temporarily for those that were registered there, and will then be sent to the Head Office in Brampton if not picked-up. To request paystubs from previous years please put a request in writing and allow 5 business days for us to retrieve that information.

Paystub Requests:
You may request to have your paystub mailed monthly, e-mailed weekly or you may pick it up in person on Mondays or Fridays between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00pm.

Vacation Pay
Vacation pay is accrued and is paid out to employees upon request.  This request must be submitted by Tuesday 12pm of the pay week to be paid for that Friday.
To request your vacation pay, employees must complete a Vacation Pay Request Form. This form may be completed in person or can be sent via email to be completed. In instances where an employee is unable to complete the Vacation Request Form, simply email or fax to our Payroll Department with name of employee, date of request and subject of the request.

Requesting Vacation Pay:
  • Fill in Vacation Pay Request Form and send to the Payroll Department by Tuesday 12pm to be paid for that Friday’s payroll. Please note that no verbal requests will be taken.
  • Email/Fax in note for request. This may be done in the event that you are not able to complete the Vacation Pay Request Form.

Record of Employment
Record of Employment- ROE can be requested if there is interruption of earnings. An interruption of earnings occurs when an employee has had or is anticipated to have 7 consecutive calendar days with no work and no insurable earnings from the employer (when the employees quit their jobs or are laid off, or when an employment is terminated.)
Interruption of earnings also occur when an employees salary falls below 60% of regular weekly earnings because of illness, injury, quarantine, pregnancy, the need to care for a newborn or a child placed for the purposes of adoption, the need to provide care or support to a family member who is gravely ill with significant risk of death or the need for a parent to care for a critically ill child. For more information please visit

Requesting Record of Employment:
  • Fill in Request for Record of Employment Form and send to the Payroll/Accounting Department as no verbal requests will be taken. Please allow 5 business days for your request to be processed.
  • Email/Fax in note for request. This may be done in the event that you are not able to complete the Request for Record of Employment Form.

Helping you Understand

Minimum Wage – Minimum wage is the lowest wage rate an employer can pay an employee. Most employees are eligible for minimum wage, whether they are full-time, part-time, casual employees, or are paid an hourly rate, commission, piece rate, flat rate or salary. Some employees have jobs that are exempt from the minimum wage provisions of the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA).

Minimum Hours – Employees Sent Home After Working Less Than Three Hours: The Three-Hour Rule When an employee who regularly works more than three hours a day is required to report to work but works less than three hours, he or she must be paid whichever of the following amounts is the highest:
  • three hours at the minimum wage,
  • The employee’s regular wage for the time worked.
The rule does not apply to:
  • students (including students over 18 years of age)
  • employees whose regular shift is three hours or less
  • Where the cause of the employee not being able to work at least three hours was beyond the employer’s control.
For more information visit

Lunches and Breaks – Employers are required to provide eating periods to employees, but they are not required to provide other types of breaks.

An employee must not work for more than five hours in a row without getting a 30-minute eating period (meal break) free from work. However, if the employer and employee agree, the eating period can be split into two eating periods within every five consecutive hours. Together these must total at least 30 minutes. This agreement can be oral or in writing.

Meal breaks are unpaid unless the employee’s employment contract requires payment. Even if the employer pays for meal breaks, the employee must be free from work in order for the time to be considered a meal break.

Statutory Holidays – Statutory holiday pays are given to qualified employees who work the day before and after the holiday. It is computed by getting the average for the last 4 weeks pay divided by 20 days.

T4/T4A’s – These are issued /mailed out to all the employees before the end of February of the following year. To ensure that these forms are received, please inform us of any change of address as applicable.
To request a T4 for past years please give a written request in person by email, or fax and allow 5 business days for us to retrieve the information, if possible we will do our best to give it to you sooner.

Overtime Pay
Overtime pay is 1½ times the employee’s regular rate of pay. (This is often called “time and a half.”)

No Overtime on a Daily Basis
Unless a contract of employment or a collective agreement states otherwise, an employee does not earn overtime pay on a daily basis by working more than a set number of hours a day. Overtime is calculated only:
  • on a weekly basis
  • over a longer period under an averaging agreement
For more information on the holiday pay and other employment standards rights for temporary help agency assignment employees, visit